The World is Not Your Fucking Oyster
- Other people’s cultures do not exist for white people to seek their spiritual enlightenment
- No one owes you an education, and initiation, or a history lesson simply because ‘you want’
- No one has to include you in things because ‘you want’
- No one has to hold their tongue, sweeten their words, or chop up sentences to make white people feel better about history- colonization, slavery, genocide, ect.
- No one should be ‘grateful’ to you for your interest in said culture
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
Drinking vegetable juice in front of my plants makes me feel slightly guilty because they’re plants and I’m like … drinking the blood of their cousins.
I’m sorry plant. I love you.
I am in a constant internal fight of I don’t want or have time for a boyfriend and fuck, I want to molest some bearded man right now.
It’s so good to take a break from things and see friends. Makes me feel grounded and less alone in this giant pile of responsibilities.
Love you sheidaliestome
if you miss someone who does not miss you, or who is no good for you, or is unattainable, take all the love you once felt for them and spread it around other places. put your love in worthwhile people and things, turn the romance in to passions for hobbies or admiration for others- enrich your own life. focus on yourself and those who actively make you happy.